All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. Let's have a talk about the offensive line

Not only do I think Dalton would do well in Dallas, I would tell Dak and his 30+ million per year request to pound sand !! No way do I pay him that kind of coin.
  3. Let's have a talk about the offensive line

I never heard Skip Bayless singing the praises of Andy Dalton as a Bengal....I guess everyone gets better when they trade Stripes for a Star.
  4. Let's have a talk about the offensive line

I keep wondering about Warford as well, as he remains unsigned. I had heard that he had a knee injury at the end of last year and maybe teams are being cautious since they can't get their doctors to look at him yet. I also am curious the impact of signing him would have on trying to sign both AJ and Mixon to extensions ?? That being said, I still think Warford would bring a presence to the o-line that currently does not exist there. A pro-bowl level o-lineman, coming from a winning organization, having protected one of the best QB's in the league. I just think he would help both the line, as well as additional mentor-ship for Burrow from a line perspective. Who could do that from a veteran perspective from the line now ?? Hart ?? BWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAA !!! If this line gets Burrow killed, i'm going to be pissed.
  5. What About the Defense ??

Agreed, Hubbard flies under the radar. And even further under the radar is Dunlap. We all know how great he is, but if you ask a fan of the jets or the raiders or any other random team, his name gets faint recognition. Watching Dunlap run down a ball carrier from behind and try to tomahawk the ball out with his 8-foot long arm is one of the simple joys of my life.
  6. Let's have a talk about the offensive line

IMHO, this offensive line is too dependant on young guys. Jonah Williams, 0 career starts Hakeem Adeneji, 0 career starts Michael Jordan, 9 career starts Billy Price, 18 career starts Fred Johnson, 1 career starts Or vets that have never had success. Bobby Hart Xavier Sua-Filo We need a Jason Peters or Larry Warford to provide an established veteren leader voice to provide stability.
  7. What About the Defense ??

I think they have a chance to be top 15. Just a lot of young guys and new guys. No one talks much about Hubbard, who is in TJ Watt territory if he can bump his sack total up to 11-15.
  8. What About the Defense ??

I think the 2 CB's are upgrades against the run and lateral moves in the passing game, so upgrade. Reader is going to unless Atkins, or vice versa. upgrade. Bell is the best tackling Safety we have had for a long while, upgrade. Like Army stated earlier, upgrade a all three levels on defense. That should help the offense out, when the defense can finally get the ball back to the offense on third down.
  9. Let's have a talk about the offensive line

It’s the dead part of the offseason anyhow. I miss the old, pre-rookie-cap days when we could look forward to annual contract fights and holdouts to fill the gap, but that’s progress, I guess. Has anyone seen whether they’re opening facilities this week? ETA apparently they are opening tomorrow.
  10. Let's have a talk about the offensive line

Boy, you know things are slow when you make posts to stir conversation and you get jokes about water heaters being better than Bobby Hart (which I happen to agree with)... "What do you think about the defense?"- I'm good "What about protecting Burrow?"- He's good "What about upgrading the roster?"- Yawn "Wonder if the season will go off?"- Maybe It's kind of funny and sad at the same time. Stupid COVID !!
  11. Will There Be a 2020 NFL Season?

So apparently now they’re going to wear basically space helmets?
  12. “You can only look at your hot water heater for so long.” - Jim Turner What he meant to say was “you can only look at your hot water heater for so long (until you realize itwould give Bobby Hart a pretty good run for his money at the right tackle spot).”
  13. Will There Be a 2020 NFL Season?

every day in every grade when the teacher called roll everyone laughed.
  14. 2021 NFL Draft

oh shit, youre right, sorry
  15. Let's have a talk about the offensive line

I was going back and reading some things about Burrow from his senior season. #1 Because I was crazy bored this weekend. #2 Because I was looking for anything I may have missed or not given much thought to the first time I saw it. One thing that jumped back out at me, was the following: It makes me wonder how the Bengals are going to approach the protection they give to Burrow schematically ?? I would guess that what they did last year with Dalton and Finley would be a poor example of what they may do this season, but am interested. I can't help but wonder if this has gone into how they view the current batch of o-linemen that most of us are unhappy with. Kinda, sort of related is, how does the TE relate to that thought process as well ?? I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading the position with a trade for OJ Howard (sounds like he could be had cheap)... Something to discuss with nothing else going on.
  16. Earlier
  17. Will There Be a 2020 NFL Season?

Greg Cook 2.0 I love it you know MB... Joey boy... I say, you remind me a lot of this fella Greg Cook, his name was, my pops knew... Threw a football so sexy it would turn Raquel Welch’s nipples into stone... talk about a blonde bombshell!
  18. Will There Be a 2020 NFL Season?

That’s the frontier spirit WHO DEY!
  19. Will There Be a 2020 NFL Season?

If this stupid ass virus robs us of our first season of Greg Cook 2.0 I’m going to buy some beakers and tubes and crap online, build a lab in our guest bathroom, and develop a vaccine myself.
  20. 2021 NFL Draft

Well, this is the Bengals we’re talking about...
  21. 2021 NFL Draft

wait....why dont we just go ahead and WIN the superbowl, and ergo pick at 32?
  22. 2021 NFL Draft

There’s not going to be any good OL left at pick 31. ;p
  23. 2021 NFL Draft

one can only hope.......
  24. Will There Be a 2020 NFL Season?

NFL facilities opening up on Tuesday
  25. Will There Be a 2020 NFL Season?

Well, since everyone is being tested all the time, I guess the theory is that they will catch anyone they infected, too. Of course, that suggests a problem, like what if they guy is a pitcher and infects the whole bullpen? What’s the NFL going to do if it’s Saturday morning and all of a team’s offensive line tests positive? Or all three QBs?
  26. What About the Defense ??

One positive about improving the offense - if they can actually hold onto the ball for a while this year the defense won’t be running onto the field every 5 minutes to get run over. A little rest goes a long way.
  1. Load more activity