All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. Saw they started tearing up the turf at the stadium. Should be interesting to see what the new stuff looks like.
  3. First in depth explanation I’ve read of why the rule was changed, and how it will decrease high velocity impact hits, was right in here written by you guys. Makes sense. And it’s good to see the league has a few people in its employ whose brains are only, say, 65% clogged up with CTE. They used that remaining 35% to figure out a solution to an obvious problem.
  4. Exactly. I looked at some old kick offs. Most of the time the return team and coverage team were contacting each other around the 30/25 yard line. Then there was some sort of "wedge" set in side the 20 most of the time. This rule essentially removed the run up and the wedges. They'll be contacting each other about the same part of the field without the run up. I'd imagine the common strategy would be to have a coverage guy or two get as deep as possible to steer the runner into pursuit.
  5. I like the 2 point conversion rule change. I don't want to see a high degree of success with the new kickoff rules unless it's only the Bengals having success !!
  6. I think the new kick off rule will be a success like the moving of the PAT. However, it will be based on a minority of teams having success at returns and defense. The PAT movement would not have been successful if everyone started missing or still making them 99% of the time. Also the option of going for 2 has turned that into must see TV instead of an after thought. I'm assuming injury will be a factor in determining the longevity of the rule change. I don't think fans want to see a high degree of success or failure with the new kick off rules. They'll want the average starting spot to be 30-25 yard line with a rare chance of a game changing return or momentum swinging coverage play.
  7. Wow first time in 9 years there was a post here. Something tells me it might be 9 more years before a response to the above post.
  8. Danika's enthusiasm for speed, competitiveness, and pushing boundaries is stoked by driving race vehicles. Her motivation is fueled by the excitement of the racetrack, the surge of adrenaline, and the desire to win. For her, racing is a lifestyle that meets her needs rather than just a pastime.
  9. The new kickoff theoretically curtails injuries by restricting the momentum of collisions (with dramatically less space between teams). I like that change. The touchback festival was pointless.
  10. Yeah the Steelers signed Patterson because of that.
  11. All the more reason to now target a return guy with speed in the draft. I remember when that use to be a thing teams would do and then with rule changes, it kind of went away. If this encourages that, I like that.
  12. Last week
  13. The best way to stop football injuries is to stop playing football. The issue to be concerned over is the NFL now owning the XFL/USFL spring league. The manifestation of this new kick off rule was formed out of a league trying to gather eyeballs to TV. Supposedly tested the rules at junior colleges and the 400 kickoffs they monitored produced 0 concussions. Which "IF TRUE" is drastically lower than the old NFL kickoff format which was very concussion friendly. I'd imagine that's why its only approved for a year, to really test data at the NFL level. But with the lack of an independent spring league there goes motive for innovation. I would guess the Running Backs should be happy because this might revive their value a little. Also it will be interesting how the kickers react. Considering all defenders must line up at the 40 there is no 2nd line of defense in the formation so ball placement will be critical to allow for adjustments once the ball hits.
  14. Yeah, they stopped giving a shit about the players. Oh wait, my bad, they never gave a shit about the players. Oh well, no one says you *have* to play the game, right?
  15. Kick off rule - the nfl put the last couple years’ rule in place because their research showed kickoffs and punts produced a lot of high velocity impact plays, which equaled head trauma. They were all about trying to reduce concussions. This most recent rule modification will result in more returns and fewer touchbacks, the direct opposite of their stated goal regarding the previous iteration of the rule. Something has changed.
  16. I would be happy with this. Without knowing who's on the board in the 1st/2nd rounds. Fuaga is my top OT hope IF they go that route. Wilson has serious speed and that would be a plus getting that in the 2nd. His numbers are probably reduced playing in Michigan's system. Melton the same with speed. Then two chances to get younger on the DT. Boyd seems like a better need fit right now.
  17. I don't mind them shipping off rando games to foreign nations or even placing them on a 1 time streaming event. Browns vs. Eagles or Packers vs. Eagles I could give 2 shits about. However, I don't like the thought of them shipping off an opening day game for anyone. Hip drop tackle rule is stupid. Add that to the list of things they won't get right consistently. New kick off rules are 100 times better than the past seasons of kick offs. It was becoming, why the hell do we even do this?
  18. Nice. The Browns can travel a gazillion miles just to get worked by the Eagles. I like it, we need any edge we can get when it comes to those guys.
  19. So Cleveland might be opening the season in Brazil. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-nfl-is-deciding-between-these-two-opponents-for-eagles-2024-brazil-game-says-team-executive/
  20. I hip drop tackle people just for fun. (Older people. Elderly people, really.)
  21. Greatest hip drop tackle of all time - you decide. 1. Burfict brutally hip drops Le’Veon Bell and tears his MCL, same game in which he also knocked Antonio Briwn out of the game, and sent Roethlisberger to the sidelines (admittedly Ben only missed a few plays, dude was indestructible even for Burfict).
  22. Dumbass new kicking system approved. https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-pass-new-kickoff-rule-at-annual-league-meeting
  23. I am not likely ever going to be a fan the Trent Brown signing, but the much lower than expected cost takes a good deal of the sting out, as well as the fact that about a quarter of it is in per game availability bonuses. They should always have an availability bonus in contracts for injury-prone players. Player gets injured, silver lining is the cap money to be rolled over goes up That said, I hope he is healthy and productive all year. I'd like to see Burrow get good protection, finally......
  24. I do remember that happening to Brown because my buddy is a Raiders fan and we were talking about it. He was a Navy Corpsman and I was an Army Medic. I cannot even recall how many 1000's of IV's I have administered during my time in the Army. Makes me think back to once we became incredibly proficient, we began finding ways to do them in situations that were more challenging. Young and stupid, getting hammered drunk and starting them on ourselves with night vision goggles. Believe it or not, that kind of had benefits, as I had to start them under fire on the battlefield in the dark. Who knew ?? Good times !!!
  25. Odd fact - remember that player who was getting a pre game IV and the tech doing it made mistakes and the guy got air in his bloodstream? Dude ended up in the hospital. The league was like, “it’s all good,” the player literally said, “I almost died.” That was this dude, Trent Brown. If I recall correctly, the team doctor did it. And a bunch of medical professionals said the doctor should not have been doing it. They should use nurses or blood techs for this work. I recall one commentator saying this doctor probably hadn’t done this type of IV work since medical school. Please never change, NFL!
  26. Doesn’t it though? The effect those price controlled rookie contracts had on trades is really strange. Say you’ve got the 15th pick. Are you confident you’ll get a player as good as Sneed? Very unlikely. So it’s a no brainer, give it up for Sneed. But teams won’t. They work that 4 year price controlled deal into their whole salary cap plan and won’t blow it up.
  1. Load more activity