All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

I’m always more in favor of trading down than trading up. Draft has so much risk it’s better to have more chances, IMO.
  3. Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

BTW, if the Bengals stay with their pick at #11, I think Cody Ford would be a solid pick. Same with Devin Bush.
  4. Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

Here's a scenario that I'm not sure we've discussed. What about a trade down? What if the Bengals don't get one of their top guys available at #11 and are able to trade down to Miami at #13 or Washington at #15 to get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick? They'd still be able to get a really good OL, like a Dalton Risner or Andre Dillard, or DE or DT or prospect, like Rashan Gary or Clelin Ferrill, AND get an extra day 2 pick. I'd say do it. This is especially likely if Dwayne Haskins falls to #11. Imagine what they could do with an extra 2nd round pick at LB, OL, QB, or TE if they did that.
  5. Yesterday
  6. I figure the Ravens by default. Steelers are losing prima donna players at an alarming rate, and Ben is getting called out by some guys, defended by others, all equals drama! Browns look loaded for bear but they have a rookie coach and the hype is almost too much. One must assume a market correction. Also, their owner is a lying, stealing, piece of crap so Karma seems destined to reign. Our Bengals are a year or so away from having enough good players to realistically compete, UNLESS our new coach is some kind of wizard, which seems unlikely. Ravens meanwhile are solid, have the type of QB who can win regular season games with his arm/leg combo, and have the best coach in the division.
  7. The 2019 AFC North Champions...will be...

I’ve been to Pittsburgh for a game. IMO, classy fans. Steeler fans that aren’t from Pitt seem to be more of the asshole type because they chose to be a rival fan in the home town team’s territory and carry some sort of chip on their shoulder. Honestly, I think a lot of that has to do with band wagon jumping and those types are more likely to mix emotions with favorite team success and satisfaction in their own personal life. I’m sorry you are visiting Steeler fan from Columbus,OH. I don’t care how long you say you’ve loved the Steelers and why. Don’t bring the towel to an away stadium and think everyone should be accepting. At least that’s my take. Cleveland Browns fans are just plain trash.
  8. Lap Says Bengals are looking at Sweat

He had a heart condition as a kid I think.
  9. Lap Says Bengals are looking at Sweat

Going to make you SWEAT til you bleed, is that dope enough indeed.... Anyway, what was the year Lapdance missed on a draft prediction?
  10. Lap Says Bengals are looking at Sweat

I understand improving D-line but it’s not going to matter if a team can throw a 3 yard pass and end up 2nd and 4 all game long. They have to get better coverage out of LBs and ones that can run and cut down ball carriers quickly. There are some great edge and d-line prospects. How are they going to get them on the field this year in situations so they can make great impacts? You’d have to hope they hit on LB latter, I guess.
  11. Lap Says Bengals are looking at Sweat

Well you might have to convince Zac Taylor and the Bengals because they are high on improving the front seven of the 31st ranked defense. The other thing that spot picking for need does is weaken depth. We found that under Lewis. Sure we have Hubbard but he’s nothing like a top 10 DE. Dunlap? He’s good but not a game changer. Plus what happens if there’s an injury? The new guy Wynn plays more? You simply can’t have enough pass rushers.
  12. Lap Says Bengals are looking at Sweat

Don't care, we have three young guns that show good promise, a FA that looks good and Dunlap who is proven. No room for more DE players and not as much of an increase in impact than a much better OT or LB. This reeks of a pick like Ross was, a player that looks real good but doesn't pan out as well (right away) as you would think because of lack of opportunity to get in the game full time. Cover LB is as big of an impact position as DE, anyway.
  13. Lap Says Bengals are looking at Sweat

You go DE because it’s an impact position. Right behind QB in its influence on a game. The Bengals defense sucked so bad they need to draft for impact, not position.
  14. 2019 Mock

I would still love this for the first four rounds, but White is even more likely to be gone now.
  15. Lap Says Bengals are looking at Sweat

Got to add Wynn to the DE list after FA signing, there just is no reason to spend a high pick on DE. S, DE, P are 3 positions i'm happy to go to into the 2019 season as is. I'm coming around to DT early but it has to be OT and LB in 2 of the first 3 picks. Than double up on OT and LB with some of those 6 rounders and hope you hit a long shot.
  16. Lap Says Bengals are looking at Sweat

Rumors about Sweat are flying. Matt Miller, who claims he is an nfl scout of some type on Twitter, tweeted that Sweat is falling due to something teams are uncovering during team physicals. Possible Spy vs Spy type subterfuge, someone trying to get him later than they should.
  17. The 2019 AFC North Champions...will be...

Well I was commenting on the average fan in everyday life, but you are correct about stadium idiots. In everyday life the biggest jerk fans I have ever come across are Browns or Stealer fans and they don't just become assholes on game day. It seems to be a life goal for some of them to be as obnoxious as possible. They need to remember it is only a game, and matters nothing at all in life. I attended the game in Detroit in 2005 that was an orange out in protest to Matt Millen being GM of the Lions and after the win Bengals fans were being jerks and I was embarrassed to be a fan of the same team of many of them.
  18. The 2019 AFC North Champions...will be...

I find most fans to be a real challenge to be around and one reason I enjoy watching from home. You just can't fix stupid and Cincinnati Bengals fans are not immune to this. I typically catch games in Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Houston in any given year and I prefer both Indy and Houston to Cincinnati fans. There will always be those people that just aren't happy unless they are stupid drunk, cussing, fighting, and being assholes in general. Cincinnati and Pittsburgh games bring out such a large contingent of idiots, that they should bomb the stadium to reduce that population of asshats.
  19. The 2019 AFC North Champions...will be...

I'd rather the Browns win than the Stealers, but the fan base for either team is almost 100% asshole adjacent.
  20. The 2019 AFC North Champions...will be...

Never cheer for Cleveland. Their fan base is so annoying.
  21. The 2019 AFC North Champions...will be...

I loved seeing the Browns sweep the Bengals last year. Then, right as I was about to really have something positive to say about them, their stupid ass fan base makes their appearance and ruins the whole thing. I hope they lose every damn game this year and yes, I would be annoyed by them winning the North as well. I still have no idea who will win the AFCN when looking at all the changes for the teams.
  22. Lap Says Bengals are looking at Sweat

In looking at the depth chart on ESPN, you'll find this at DE: Dunlap, Willis, Hubbard, Lawson You'll find this at LB: Brown, Vigil, Evans, Nickerson, Jefferson, and Worley You'll find this at OT: Glenn, Hart, and Perkins You could argue that OT is the #1 need and should be the priority. (I would argue that) I would also argue that more than half the linebackers are unknowns at this point. While I would not argue that DE is the #1 or #2 need, they could certainly use the help. Honestly, I would put DT right there with DE as far as need and maybe slightly ahead. There's just not much besides Geno there and if he goes down, they are screwed.
  23. Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

It was QB headlines when they showed up at Oklahoma pro day but that’s a NFL factory and I thought it was weird that Ford wasn’t a focus of those reports.
  24. The 2019 AFC North Champions...will be...

The Browns do seem like they are on the up swing. I would be annoyed if they won the North. There is a very Cubs feel about the Browns. Loveable losers. I think the Bengals will be in the mix. It’s just overlooked they were one of the youngest teams last year. 1 minute from 5-1. Gave up. Then injured. I think a lot of the team checked out after loss to Pitt and embarrassment to KC. Bengals give the vibe of old team because they had young successful starters for years in Dalton, Green, Dunlap, Atkins. Those guys are in prime years next 4.
  25. The 2019 AFC North Champions...will be...

2005 was all Steelers. Ben went 14-1 as a rookie in 2004 and lost in the AFC champ game to Patriots. Bettis put off retirement for a shot to come home and play in Detroit Super Bowl. I would venture to say in all the Bengals Division champ years 2005, 2009, 2013, and 2015 they were never a clear cut favorite. I was highly confident in 13 and 15. But it seems like the Bengals were always picked as the playoff team that won’t make the playoffs.
  26. Lap Says Bengals are looking at Sweat

I thought the D-line was surprisingly weak against the run all season. I believe the underneath coverage and bad tackling undermined the pass rush ability. I thought Geno had a monster year despite the lull in sack numbers in the middle of the season. I understand the franchise grades for D-line and edge guys and that could pay dividends more seasons down the road,BUT how are you getting them snaps this year? Quality rush opportunities? There are immediate snaps available for a guy like White and Bush at an extremely weak area. I dunno know. We’ll see.
  27. Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

Yep. And he’s the only player they met with at his pro day and had in for an interview at PBS. It would not surprise me at all to see him picked at #11 overall.
  1. Load more activity